Exercises And Food Are Best Home Remedies to Improve Eyesight
Home remedies to increase eyesight are as follows:
Eye exercises improve focus of the eyes and concentration as well, as it increases blood flow which sustains optimal vision. It also makes flexible your eye muscle. Some eye exercise are as follows:
Take a pen or pencil and hold it at your arm’s length. Now bring the pencil slowly to your nose and then move away until your vision couldn’t focus. Repeat the exercise 10 times a day.
This exercise depends on rolling of your eyes. First is to rolling in clockwise direction and then in counter-clockwise. Repeat it 5 times a day. You can blink your eyes in intervals.
In this exercise you need to blink and flutter your eyes rapidly 20 to 30 times at a time without keeping them shut. Repeat it 2 times a day.
This exercise requires your vision to focus on an object at a distant place. Best option is to focus and look at the moon for about 3 to 4 minutes daily.
You can use one or more of these exercises daily for minimum 2 to 3 months in order to obtain encouraging outcome.
2. Sunning and Palming
Sunning and Palming are two very useful and effective ways to increase or regain your eyesight. As it is said in Chinese culture that sun has the ability to heal. Whereas palming can relax your eye lens and cilicary muscle. Following is the procedure of sunning and palming:
• Sunning requires you to sit with your eyes closed facing the sun and allowing sun to directly shine on your close eyelids. You can do this on daily basis for 3 to 4 minutes.
• As for palming you need to produce heat in your palms by rubbing against each other and then cupping them on both of your eyes while eyes closed without applying any pressure on eyes and taking care that light should not pass. You can repeat this procedure many times a day
According to TCM (Traditional Chinese medicine) diseased and faulty eyes are connected to kidneys and liver and there are various points around eyes for acupuncture/acupressure.
• Massaging your acupressure points around eyes orbits for about 10 seconds starting from number 1 point as shown in the picture. Massage all the points of acupressure given in the picture for best results. Pregnant women must consult to their doctors before doing this. Do not massage areas with burns, scars and infection.
• Acupuncture method is to walk on the grass in the morning barefoot for at least 30 minutes. This method can improve your eyesight with the help of nerves connected to your feet.
4. Ginkgo Bilabo
Ginkgo Bilabo is a herb with the help of which blood circulation around eyes increases which results in better eyesight and vision and helps against the troubles like glaucoma as well as macular degeneration.
Memory is improved with the use of ginkgo bilabo and also helps relieving anxiety.
The 120-mg capsule of ginkgo bilabo must be divided in 3 doses for intake.
This herb should not be consumed by diabetic patients and must be kept away from children.
Bilberry is also an herb that can help reviving your eyesight, focus and eye health. It also helps in the renewal of purple component in retina which creates night vision.
It also defends against glaucoma, macular degeneration and cataracts. In retinal problems of diabetes and blood pressure, it is very useful because of its anti-inflammatory characteristics.
Procedure to use bilberry is as follows:
• Eat bilberry ripe fruits daily.
• You can also use its supplements after the consultancy of your doctor.
Almonds are one of the most effective home available remedies for improving eyesight and vision of your eyes because they contain a large quantity of fatty acids, Vitamin E and Omega-3. Almonds also sharpen your memory. Procedure to use almonds is as follows:
1. Take 10 almonds and soak them in water during the night.
2. In the morning peel off those almonds and grind them.
3. Eat those grinded almonds paste with milk.
4. Repeat the procedure daily
Fennel naturally contains antioxidants and nutrients which are helpful in health of eyes. Cataracts development also slows down with the usage of fennels. In Ancient Roman fennels are named as “herb of sight.” Use fennels in large quantity for eyesight to be improved.
Following is the procedure to use fennel:
1. Take fennel, almonds and sugar candy (misri), one cup each and grind them together.
2. Grind them well resulting in powder.
3. Take a spoon of this powder with warm milk every night before sleeping.
4. Repeat taking this for at least 40 days.
8. Wild Asparagus
In Ayurved wild asparagus is used for health of eyes. This is another natural herb that can recover your eyesight. Procedure of using wild asparagus is as follows:
1. Take on spoon of wild asparagus and half spoon of honey and mix them.
2. Use this mixture with warm milk daily.
3. Repeat for some months.
9. Indian Gooseberry (Amla)
Indian gooseberry, in other word amla is another natural source of Vitamin C, antioxidants and many nutrients. Vitamin C helps retinal cells to function properly.
Following is the method to use Indian gooseberry:
1. Take a glass of water and mix 4 spoons of juice of Indian gooseberry in it. Drink it two times a day.
2. Another way of using Indian gooseberry is by making the murraba of amla which is preserved and sweetened.
10. Health Diet
Try to consume foods with Vitamin A, B, C, D and B-complex, amino acids, beta-carotene and lutein. All of these help to advance eyesight.
Following are the health diet:
4. Sweet potato
8. Fresh green leafy vegetables