How to Get Relief from Heel Pain Naturally (Proven Remedies)
There are the 10 ways to get relief from Heel pain naturally.
Ice is the most effective pain reliever. If someone is suffering from heel pain apply some ice at the effective area, ice will create numbness at area which is affected and it will cause relief. There are two ways to apply ice on the affected place
- Take a towel and put some crushed ice in it. Rub towel at the hurting place for 15 minutes. Repeat the procedure two or three times a day or as desired.
- Freeze a plastic bottle of water, after it freezes take it and apply it to painful area by rolling it over, continue this procedure for 13 to 15 minutes and repeat it as desired or needed.
Another simple and natural treatment for heel pain relief is massage. As it is not a cure, it’s just a treatment but can take the pain away for a period of time because massage relaxes the muscle, increase blood circulation and lessens the rigidity of muscle. Pressure can also be released through massage.
You can massage your sore or painful heel at any time of the day but we recommend massaging specially before going to bed, before exercise or any work that need full active muscles. For massage, oil can be used of any kind.
- Take some temperate oil and apply it on the required place.
- Put some pressure on the affected place with the help of the thumbs.
- For 8 to 10 minutes massage your sole of foot.
- Repeat it daily two or three times until the pain fades away.
3. Stretching Exercise
Stretching exercise is a way to get relief of the heel pain. Even this exercise can completely vanishes the pain and strengthen the muscle as well.
- Standing wall stretch is one of the best heel pains stretching exercise.
- Stand against the wall facing towards it, barefoot and 3 to 4 feet away.
- Press the wall with your hands.
- Set one foot frontward and lean on it making back of the leg and heel stretch.
- Remain in that position for at least 30 seconds.
- Repeat the procedure 10 times with both legs 2, 3 times a day.
4. Epsom Salt Soak
Epsom salt can also bring relief to your heel pain.Take 3 to 4 spoons if Epsom salt and put in a temperate tub of water.
- Place your feet in that tub for at least 15 minutes.
- Then dry your feet and put some moisturizer and massage your heel for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Go over the same procedure 3 times a week.
Also See:How to Prevent Diabetes
Turmeric is another natural source of treatment for any kind of pain. The right way to use turmeric is to take a cup of milk and put one spoon of turmeric in it and lightly heat it, then add honey in it and drink it 3 times in a day. Repeat the method until the pain is gone.
6. Fish Oil
Fish oil is a good option for the treatment of heel pain. People with extra Omega-3 acids and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) can take benefits of fish oil to release the pain. Fish oil also releases the stiff muscle lessen pain. Strained and stressed muscles can be benefited with the help of fish oil.
If your muscle is stressed or there is any kind of tension in muscles you can use ginger. You can use ginger in your tea to get benefits of it. Ginger can also be used in your daily foot as an ingredient. Ginger has the natural tendency to overcome any kind of muscle pain specially heel pain.
Also See:Fat-Rich Foods Are the Major Cause of High Blood Pressure
8. Apple Cider Vinegar Wrap
Apple cider vinegar has antioxidant in it that can help releasing your pain. The procedure to use it is, take one and half cup of water and ¼ cup of apple cider, then pour the mixture in a pan and heat it until it is warm, then take a clean cloth and soak it in that warm mixture and then put that cloth on painful place and cover that area with another towel. For 20 minutes leave it there and repeat the procedure as required.
9. Cayenne Pepper
Capsaicin is a compound that is natural pain reliever and it richly found in cayenne pepper. It can easily relieve the heel pain. The method to use cayenne pepper is as follows.
- Take one spoon of cayenne pepper and mix it one fourth cup of olive oil.
- Apply the mixture on affected place and leave it for 15 minutes to absorb completely.
- Then clean the surface with clean temperate water
- Repeat the procedure 3 to 4 times a day until the pain goes away.
- Another way to use capsaicin is to use cream having capsaicin in its ingredients.
10. Alkaline Diet
There is another helpful way to overcome or reduce your pain of any kind which is through alkaline diet in a well-balanced and proportioned way. Alkaline diet helps you to keep up a proper pH (power of hydrogen) level in your body. It helps reduces swelling and even control the excess of calcium, which are the main reasons of heel pain or swelling.
Alkaline diet is as follows:
- Consume more and more vegetables and fresh fruits in your daily routine.
- Alkalinity is enhanced by using lemon. The way to use lemon is, take juice half of a lemon and mix it in water and consume it on daily basis.
- Alkaline is rich in Pink sea salt also known as Himalayan sea salt, use it instead of normal table salt to increase alkalinity
- Take green tea on daily basis. 3 to 4 cups a day.
- Keep away from dairy goods and lessen the usage of things which contains calcium.
- Limit yourself to consume processed and junk food, caffeinated liquids, sugar and alcohol.