Hyatt Regency Hotel Fire Explosion Injures 12 in London
Marylebone: A fire explosion in Churchill Hyatt regency due to gas leakage injured 12 in Portman Square, central London on Saturday.
Foreign media reported that in London famous hotel Churchill Hyatt regency, some part of building caught fire after a blast in basement due to gas leakage, caused 12 injuries. The accident was occurred in Hyatt hotel placed in Portman Square, Central London around 23:40 GMT on Saturday.
The fire explosion also demolished some part of hotel building, ambulance staff and fire fighters reached at the spot immediately and evacuated up to 500 guests staying in the hotel. The hotel has 400 guest rooms, considered as most luxurious and comfortable hotel in central London.
London Ambulance Service official stated that total 12 people have injured in which nine of were treated at the scene due to minor injuries while other three were taken to nearby hospital because of major wounds, however, hotel representative said that no guest has been wounded but only the staff members.
A squad of 80 fire fighters has controlled the fire but revealed that extensive damage occurred in basement while they cleared the building and declared it safe for the guest to come beack in their rooms.