Top Best Home Remedies To Tackle With Child’s Runny Nose
Runny nose is a very common problem in the children. It takes place at the time of cavity which is filled in the fluid of mucus and has a specific amount of this fluid in it. The mucus color varies from whitish to yellowish and then to green.
Sometimes, the symptom for this cold is this runny nose.
“Runny nose can be a result of exposure and crying because of the possible irritants and cold temperatures in children”
A runny nose causes disturbance in appetite, disturbance in sleep, stomach upset, nasal congestion, sneezing, sore throat, cough, fever and irritability.
Parents need to have patience while dealing with this runny nose of children. it does not need treatment most of the time and its medication does not cure this problem and it can be treated in only one day.
Some of the top home remedies can be used to promote fast recovery and reduce the discomfort. These remedies are as follows:
1) Saline Rinse
In case of an adult, saline rinse is a good remedy for the runny nose. It helps in the mucus loosening; it can become easy ad comfortable in expelling.
It clears the passages of nasal and irritants. It also helps the children to breath from nose.
1. Prepare the solution of saline and mix it by adding table salt with boiled water and keep it under cool temperature.
2. Take few drops of this solution and put it into the nostrils and trip the head of the child backward.
3. Suck the excess of mucus and take the bulb syringe in when the nostrils are closed with fingers.
4. Repeat the procedure of this remedy for at least 3 times in a day.
If it is difficult for you to do this then you can take help from other people.
With the help of steam inhale, it is good to comfort the runny nose which gives you uncomfortable feeling. Also, it helps in clearing out the sneezing and dripping which is caused due to mucus. Also, it provides better sleep and is important to recover fast.
1. In case of small children, keep the bathroom like a steam room and close its door. Then turn on the shower and make it full hot. Keep your child in the bathroom and then sit at a place near your child for about 10 to 15 minutes and repeat this procedure for about 3 times in a day.
2. In case of older children, it is a good option to use the steamer for face. Sit along with your child and remain with the hot water bowl and also take a towel with you on head and hold the steam.
3. Repeat this procedure for more times a day to keep your baby fine.
3) Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus reduces the flow of runny nose and the symptoms that associate with the baby. Its working depends on the decongestant and it becomes easy for the child to get rid of mucus.
1. Take at least 4 to 5 drops of the eucalyptus oil and put it in warm water. The baby enjoys the bath for about 10 minutes and this procedure should be repeated twice on daily basis.
2. As an alternative, take at least 10 drops of eucalyptus oil and put it in warm water and olive oil. Give a massage to your child to make him relax and feel good. This massage should be done with aromatic oil and it is required to be done when you go to bed.
Basil is a remedy for the runny nose of the child and it can be used to stop the runny nose as it has got antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial properties which fight against the runny nose.
It also builds the immunity of the child.
1. In case of young children, these leaves of basil prove to be a good remedy for the little jiggery and it is repeated for two times a day.
2. In case of older children, fresh leaves of basil are used to chew during the breakfast and it is done at every morning and night.
3. As an alternative, take 1 tbsp. of juice from the leaves of basil and mix it with ginger juice, honey and lemon juice. Provide your child with the mixture made by you for about 3 times at least in a day.
Honey is a remedy for runny nose which is very effective and is good for the people who are in age group of 2 years or more than that. In case of children who are small should not use honey as it can make them weak and cause bacteria. This is also known as botulism.
Honey contains antibacterial, antiviral and soothing properties which are helpful in the reduction of many other symptoms of a runny nose. It also treats sore throat and cough.
1. Take a tsp of raw honey and mix it in water. Provide this to your child and let him drink for at least about 2 times in a day.
2. As an alternative, take another tsp of honey and mix it with fresh lemon juice and put it in a glass. Repeat this for at least 3 times daily to keep your child away from such health problems.
The babies who are about the age group of 1 year then this chamomile can cure the baby and relieve its symptoms and give comfort to the baby with runny nose. It is a disorder because of immune.
It helps in reducing sneezing because of the antihistamine properties.
1. Take a tsp of dried chamomile and mix it with the warm water.
2. Cover this for at least 5 minutes.
3. Add few drops of honey in it and develop some taste.
4. Provide this to your child and drink it for at least two times a day.
7) Warm Chicken Soup
In case of children who are older than on year then this chicken soup reduces the runny nose discomfort and it improves the functioning of immune system and prevents the baby from infections in the respiratory system.
Also, chicken soup is nutritious and light to be used for sick child.
Make chicken at home and use vegetables and organic material in it like spinach, beetroot and carrots. It can be used for about 3 to 4 times in a day.
8) Sponge Bath
Also See : Top Home Remedies To Fight Against Blepharitis ( An Eyelid Inflammation )
If the child has runny nose with temperature low then a cool bath should be taken and the regulation of body temperature is also important.
1. The babies who are young should be given sponge bath for about 2 to 3 times in a day. Soak this cloth in water with room temperature and also put excess of water in it. sponge the groin, hands, feet and armpits.
2. In case of older children, it can be feasible to provide them with a cool bath fro about once or twice on daily basis.
Point To Be Noted
Do not use cold water as it causes the rise in the internal body temperature.
9) Increased Fluid Intake
The body of the baby should be provided with a lot of fluids to protect the baby from getting dehydrated. It is good to keep the baby hydrated properly and to promote the secretion of nasal smoothen the cavities in nasal. It becomes easy to blow and cough the nose.
1. The baby who are feeding on mothers then they should be fed on mothers as it is the best thing for children. Also, they can be given plain milk or bay formula.
2. In case of older children, provide the baby with gelatin flavored water, diluted fruit juices and plain child water.
10) Cool – Mist Humidifier
A cool humidifier is used in the bedroom of a child and moisture is added to the air. It also loosens the mucus and allows the drainage easily. It also reduces the breathing to make the person calm and sleep.
A cool mist humidifier is kept overnight in the room of the child to help the baby become sick and also they need rest and this is the way they can recover in a short interval of time.
It is not a good option to sit in the humidifier when it is still not running. Make sure to disinfect and clean the reservoir tank and protect the baby from bacteria and to take hold.
1. The child blows her or his nose with every passing interval of time and it is possible to get rid of this runny nose.
2. It is good to clean the nose of the child with a soft tissue to protect the baby from irritation of skin.
3. Take petroleum jelly and apply olive oil on it and also nose of the baby protects the baby from reddening and chapping of skin.
4. It is not a good option to expose your child from any irritants, triggers like dust miles, dust and pet dander, cigarette smoke and chemical fumes.
5. Keep the child in elevated posture at the time of their sleep and avoid using pillows for children.
6. Give your child the food which is soft and easy for them to digest.
7. Keep the room of the child warm and dress him the way she feels light.
8. Cuddle your child with the rocking chair and feel him or her better.