Published On: Sun, Mar 29th,

Canada Airbus A320 Crashes on Runway Because Bad Weather, Over 21 Immediately Hospitalized

On early Sunday, an Air Canada plane suddenly skidded off the runway at Halifax Stanfield International Airport in Nova Scotia because of bad weather, in this incident, more than 21 wounded and later on transferred nearest hospital for treatment.


According to a list which provided by the airline, it tells that five crew members and 133 passengers were travelling in Canada Airbus A320, after the crash all discovered alive but over 21 of the passengers wounded and taken to hospital immediately.

The airport took the social media’s Twitter to share the number of wounded people, according to them nearly 25 passengers moved hospital with minor injuries but not non life-threatening.

A spokesman for the airport, Mr. Peter Spurway told media in news conference that because of bad weather landing wasn’t possible safely and hence plane skidded off the runway.

The incident occurred at nearly 12:43 a.m. local time (11.43 p.m. ET) and heavy snow became the cause of the crash.


Spurway also stated all passengers were discovered safe from Airbus A320 after the incident but some of them injured but not life-threatening wounds.

It said to be that plane was crashed but it is not true because A320 departed Toronto and after reaching into airfield, something went wrong, Spurway explained. He further said that the real cause of the incident is just hard landing.

On the other hand, power supply at airport was failed and Nova Scotia took Twitter to post that it had been restored by them. While, reason of power failure wasn’t clear yet and Spurway also commented he doesn’t believe that both incidents have any connection.

Mr. Greg Wright told media, whose 13-year-old son was in one of the passengers on the plane and when he called his father from plane – something happening wrong with plane so that was too stunning for him.

Greg Wright, who was waiting for his 13-year-old son, who was a passenger on the plane, told CBC he thought his son was joking when he called from the aircraft.