Cure of Acid Reflux in Infants Through Home Remedies
Point To Be Noted: It is best to consult your doctor if you find any signs of poor or bad growth of baby who spit up the food and do vomit, cough chronically, irritable after eating and blood in the stool.
A serious condition of acid reflux is indicated through this gastroesophageal reflux disease and it makes the growth poor.
Infants suffer from acid reflux just like the infants and it causes spitting up but it is so frequent for too many. The muscles of infants between stomach and esophagus are not mature completely and that is the reason why the stomach contents flow backward.
There are few factors which prematurely lie flat in most times and consumes on a liquid diet. Also, they contribute in the cases of acid reflux in infants.
The kids with this acid reflux are known as gastroesophageal reflux and they sometimes spit up much more than normal routine after feeding. They also become frillier.
It is like as long as the baby remains healthy, growth and content goes well. The acid reflux is not a basic cause of the problem which takes place more often. It remains active and become more active with the passage of time and as the baby grows older.
Some of the natural remedies can be used which remain active to minimize or eliminate the acid reflux in infants and also the discomforts associated with it.
Some of the top remedies for this acid reflux in babies include
1. Sleeping Adjustments
Babies who face acid reflux feel difficulty in sleeping and the position which is not good while sleeping makes the condition worst and also the condition of the baby.
Take the hand of your baby and keep it in 30 degrees with the use of towels and the body of the baby remains elevated and the gravity of the body protects the content of stomach and reverts it back in the esophagus.
Your baby can even sleep on their back or left side but you will have to clear the acid from the baby’s esophagus.
It is not a good option to feed the baby while they are sleepy but it is actually better to keep you baby in sitting posture or place them on the lap and never lay down your baby right after the feeding ends.
Get up and upright your baby for minimum 30 minutes after the feeding ends.
2. Massage Therapy
Doing regular massage improves the digestive system and respiratory functioning of the babies. This massage arouses the nerve vagus. The nerve in the brain controls many regions of the digestive system and respiratory system which helps in the development of the body so the part of the body starts to operate effectively.
According to the study of which was published in Biological Research for the Nursing reports and it helps in reducing the symptoms which cause GERD.
Massage is also helpful in improving the ability of cognition and it aids in sleeping behavior and also reduces crying.
- Your baby needs to lie in a position lying position.
- Then you need to apply some olive oil on the stomach of the baby.
- Then a massage is required to be done on the back.
- After that, a massage on legs and hands is to be done with form strokes.
- Repeat this procedure for about 2 to 3 times on daily basis.
Point To Be Noted:
To massage after feeding your baby is not a good option so better to avoid it.
3. Some Exercise
When the babies are not feeling good with their digestion issue then you need to deal this baby with acid reflux and some of the basic exercises of movement are to be done.
It is good for you to help your baby with digestion and also help them in feeding the baby for at least 30 minutes and after doing this exercise you need to do a session for exercise.
The exercises which help in targeting the bloating and gas are knee punching exercises and some other good options.
- Let your baby lie in a position of sleep.
- Hold your baby’s legs and keep him in a position which is half bent.
- Then start moving your baby and see if he or she can ride a bicycle.
- Repeat this procedure for at least 10 times in a day.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is good for the babies who are newly born and are suffering from the acid reflux. It can help in balancing the acid level of stomach and can help in digestion and make the food easier to digest and spit up.
It boosts the immunity of the system and defends the baby from becoming ill.
- Take raw and apple cider vinegar with a glass of water.
- Give this mixture to the baby with a spoon full in the different intervals of time.
The babies who are older can have organic honey and can get nutritious benefits from them. It can also add flavor to it.
5. Coconut Oil
There are anti – inflammatory properties which are present in the coconut oil are helpful in the reduction of inflammation from reflux. It also helps in digestion of lubricated system which can function properly.
It is a powerful and lauric acid and is an antimicrobial fatty acid which protects the newborns and their immune system.
- Take an extra virgin olive oil with coconut oil and also take cereal and then feed your baby. Repeat this procedure for at least 3 to 4 in a day.
- The nursing mothers should take at least 2 tbsp. of coconut oil and to make the immune system healthy.
- Take ginger oil and coconut oil and mix them in equal quantities. Rub this on the stomach of the baby for at least 1 minute and few times on daily basis.
Chamomile is a remedy for the acid reflux in babies. It has got sedative properties which are antispasmodic and improves digestion, induce relaxation and relieves pain in colic.
- Take chamomile in dried form and put it in a cup with hot water.
- Steep it for 10 minutes and cover it completely.
- Strain this and cool it for few minutes.
- Give your baby few doses like 1 to 2 tsp in the whole day.
Nursing mothers drink a cup of chamomile tea in 2 to 3 times a day.
The antispasmodic properties and soothing properties of the peppermint helps in the digestive system and also erases the symptoms of acid reflux. It reduces the acid reflux, indigestion and inflammation.
- Take 2 drops of peppermint and mix it with olive oil and use this for massaging the abdominal of the baby and apply in the circular motions. Repeat it for at least 2 times on daily basis.
- The mothers who are feeding their babies should take it in form of capsule of drink. They should take it after consulting doctor.
The stomach of the baby feels pain because of the acid reflux and indigestion then fennel is the best remedy. Nursing mothers and babies both can get benefit from this fennel.
- Take crushed fennel seeds in a cup of water.
- Abrupt it for 10 minutes and strains this after that.
- Give some amount of herbal tea to the baby and it should be given for at least 2 to 3 times in a day.
Roasted fennels can be taken in the form of seed powder and can be provided to the baby.
Cumin is a remedy which is used naturally to treat acid reflux in the infants. These seeds help in reduction and digestion of the issues in digestion like gas and acidity.
- Take cumin seeds in a cup and then cover this for about 10 minutes.
- Keep it cool and strain it.
- Provide your baby with at least 2 tsp of this solution on daily basis.
10. Nursing Mother’s Diet
The nursing mother should keep their diet according to their babies’ health and it directly affects the baby anyway. The development and growth of the baby depends on the health of the mother as it feds on mother’s milk.
- Do not take plenty of dairy products at one time as all the proteins that are found in the dairy products irritate the immature tract of digestion.
- Avoid such type of allergies which includes soy, eggs, nuts, citrus, gluten and wheat.
- Do not use too much spicy or fried food like caffeine, chocolate and carbonated drinks.
- Keep yourself away from cigarette smoke and alcohol.
- The mothers who are feeding their children should eat yogurt on daily basis and improve their digestive system. Probiotic food is good for the breastfeeding mothers.
- Water is a good ingredient for the nursing mothers and breast feeding females. They should drink too much water and keep their body hydrated for whole day.
- Do not hold your baby upright for more than 20 minutes after you feed them. Newborn babies should be hold in a position unless they burp.
- Do not put your child down right after they eat.
- Give small amount of food to the baby and repeat food for the babies in regular intervals of time.
- Do not give solid food to the baby without consultation of doctor.
- Do not let your baby get over eater.
- Do not take your baby near the smoke of tobacco.
- Do not bounce or handle your baby roughly.
- Do not get your baby wear tight clothes like elastic waistbands or tight diapers during sleeping.
- The foods which thicken your food can affect the babies who do not vomit and this condition of the baby should be consult with doctor.
- If you find any allergy or intolerance behavior then you need to consult to your doctor and check if there is any kind of issue.
- Check the nipple size of the bottle if you are doing bottle feeding. The nipple which lowers the speed of milk flow can be harmful or uncomfortable for the baby.